Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The department of obstetrics and gynaecology (Women’s Services) aims to provide the full spectrum of high quality service for women in Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
- We are a highly regarded treatment centre for patients with gynaecological cancers in the region.
- We are developing an endometriosis service along similar lines and already receive referrals from adjacent regions.
- In our maternity unit, birth is considered an important family event and a positive experience. We try to create an environment which is ideal for families and promote normal birth.
- We have one of the highest home delivery rates in the UK and offer in addition to this, midwife led and/or consultant led hospital births.
As we are constantly reviewing and improving our services, your experiences are important to us and we need your help to achieve this. Please ask for the Patient Experience Tracker (PET) to record your opinions, if you are a current patient.
- Gynaecological cancer services
- Endometriosis centre
- Maternity Services
- General gynaecology
- Fertility services
- Incontinence & prolapse clinic (urogynaecology)
- Abnormal smear clinic (colposcopy)
- Emergency gynaecology
About the team
Patricia Ryan Deputy Director of Midwifery
Debbie Shanahan Associate Director of Nursing, Womens, Children and Oncology Haematology and Cancer Services
Lorraine Ryan Maternity Matron - Inpatients
Jen Mearns Interim Maternity Matron, Community & Outpatients
Emma Perkin Maternity Matron, Safety & Quality Improvement
Paula Morgan-Clow Professional Midwifery Advocate Lead
Lesley Smith Matron for Womens and Discharge Suite
Mr Clive Aldrich - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mrs Jyothi Kambhampati - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Owen Cooper - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Alistair Duncan - Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon
Mr Farhad Alexander-Sefre - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Miss Beena Abdul - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Mrs Ami Shukla - Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead Urogynaecologist
Mr Clemens Von Widekind - Consultant Gynaecologist
Mr Chellappah Gnanachandran- Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead for Fertility
Mrs Amrita Datta - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Sue Lloyd - Consultant Obstetrician
Miss Sara Dexter - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Sambita Basak - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Gillian Smith - Nurse Consultant
You can find out more about the Obstetrics & Gynaecology Directorate by clicking on the appropriate links below:
The gynaecology ward is:
The Obstetrics wards are:
- Robert Watson
- Sturtridge (Labour ward)