When you join Northampton General Hospital, you benefit form an enthusiastic and committed practice development team who will work alongside you to create your personal development plan and help you achieve your career aspirations.
We provide opportunities for leadership development, skills review and professional recognition in a culture of ongoing supported learning.
We have competency packages for all grades which are monitored through regular appraisal and continually updated in line with best practice.
Learning Beyond Registration (LBR)
You’ll meet with the team in our on-site Practice Development Hub to map out your Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) requirements and options. We ensure our post-registration professionals have access to further academic education through our LBR portfolio and with our close links to the University of Northampton. We also support innovative leadership programmes ensuring that our leaders of both today and tomorrow can practice creatively and effectively.
Situated at the heart of the Practice Development Hub are our practice development medical and surgical divisional teams.
We promote a culture of teaching and learning in our acute care environments in many ways, including:
- We incorporate simulation training and practical teaching sessions to ensure you have the skills to perform effectively in your area.
- We design complete programmes and facilitate work books for areas like medicines management
- We design bespoke training sessions to meet the requirements of individual wards and specific specialist areas including theatres.
- We offer bespoke surgical and orthopaedic modules in partnership with local universities and rolling programmes relating to vascular and medical patient issues, supporting you to practice safely, effectively and autonomously
- We offer a support network within our divisions including group support, action learning groups and one-to-one clinical supervision.
- We support innovation in practice to ensure that all of our nursing and care activity is relevant, appropriate and based on best evidence principals
- We offer confidential support and careers advice through an open door policy.