Return to practice
If you’re a nurse with lapsed registration and you’re keen to update your skills and training, we have a joint programme in place with the University of Northampton to support and mentor you through the process.
We’ll give you a personalised placement package, and the time and space you need to update your skills and knowledge - and at the end of the programme, we’ll give you the chance to join our fantastic nursing team.
The return-to-practice course offers:
- Fully paid university course fees
- Additional £500 towards study and travel costs
- Hospital-based clinical skills training
- Named sign-off mentor in the placement area of your choice
- Guaranteed job on successful completion of the course on your first choice ward, subject to NMC registration and usual employment checks
- Clinical skills training
- Preceptorship programme for newly-appointed nurses
- Support with academic development to Degree or Masters level
The return to practice programme is a combination of classroom and placement based learning. Throughout the programme you will develop a portfolio demonstrating your skills and competencies which will be sent to the Nursing and Midwifery Council to record the completion of your return to practice programme and your re-registration.
Throughout the RTP programme, you’ll have access to the full range of support offered by our Practice Development Hub.